Sunday, July 28, 2013

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (Book Review)

Book: Silence

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

Pages: 448

Published: October 4, 2011

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Obtained: Purchased at BAM

Started: July 16, 2013 (reread)

Finished: July 16, 2013


Summary (Courtesy of Goodreads):
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10637766-silence

WHEN SILENCE IS ALL THAT'S LEFT, CAN THE TRUTH FINALLY BE HEARD?

Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge mom's creepy new boyfriend.

But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.

And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing.

Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers...and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again.


Cover: OMG. I love this cover. Now THIS is what I'm talking about. In my opinion, it's much better than the Crescendo's cover. The water is gorgeous and is definitely what makes the picture so complete.

Plot: This story starts out with Nora coming back from being kidnapped and having absolutely no memory of what has happened to her. Normally, I hate amnesia stories, and at first I didn't like this one because of her amnesia. But in all honesty, her inability to remember helps her love grow stronger with Patch. It shows that NOTHING can keep them apart.

This book also has tons of my two favorite boys, Patch and Scott. This books also adds an incredible twist to Nora's family life. At the end of the second book, we learned that Nora's father is actually Hank Miller, but now he's openly dating Nora's mother, Blythe. This story just continues to thread and wrap that plot line beautifully.

Characters:

Nora - She is so strong in this book. I love her audacity. I love her desire, and her relationship with the other characters. Nora has been missing for 3 months and she can't remember anything after April. That's five months missing from her memory. She can't even remember Patch. She sees glimpses of black. It's as if he calling to her. This book is a test of their love and they conquer through it all.

Patch (aka Jev) - If I thought I loved Patch before, well, I fell hopelessly in love with him after this book. In this book, he proves he would do absolutely anything for Nora even if it meant conspiring with the enemy.

Scott - I have always loved his character. He's so sweet and caring. I feel so much pity for what he has to put up with. That target on his back must be a heavy load to carry.

Vee - In this book, Vee is a downright male hater. At times it's hilarious, others it painstakingly annoying. I missed the flirt-with-anything-male-with-two-legs Vee. I can't say I blame her for turning into this though. She doesn't have a great track record with guys.

Hank - He is such a great villain, and I love him for this. He brings such a great tension to the story. While reading the book, I was questioning his actions the entire time. Let me tell you. He has a dirty plan up that designer sleeve.

Marcie - Conniving and vicious, but at least this time she tries to use her brain this time. Still hate her guts.

Series: This is the third book in a saga.

The first book, Hush, Hush, was published on October 13, 2009.
Link to my review: http://vivaciousfiction.blogspot.com/2013/07/hush-hush-by-becca-fitzpatrick-book.html

The second book, Crescendo, was published on October 19, 2010.
Link to my review: http://vivaciousfiction.blogspot.com/2013/07/crescendo-by-becca-fitzpatrick-book.html

The final book, Finale, was published on October 23, 2012.
Link to my review: http://vivaciousfiction.blogspot.com/2013/07/finale-by-becca-fitzpatrick-book-review.html

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

Next Review: Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Happy Reading!

VF, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment