Sunday, July 28, 2013

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick (Book Review)

Book: Crescendo

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

Pages: 427

Published: October 19, 2010

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Obtained: Purchased from BAM

Started: July 15, 2013 (reread)

Finished: July 15, 2013


Summary (Courtesy of Goodreads):

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora's archenemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude, Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feelings that he is hiding something.

If that weren't enough, Nora is haunted by images of her murdered father, and comes to question whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death. Desperate to figure out what happened, she puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations to get the answer. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.

Cover: As beautiful as this cover is, I still loved the first one more. This cover does however represent the story successfully. I'll let you read and figure that one out on your own. 

Plot: The plot in this story wasn't as gripping to me, mostly due to Patch's less than frequent visits to the story. The first time I read this book, I found myself flipping to find parts of the book where he would make an appearance. After rereading it for the third time, I found myself doing the same thing. Needless to say, this was my least favorite book in the series. However, the more times I've read it, the more I've loved it. What can I say? It grew on me. 

However, one thing does piss me off. It doesn't mention her iron pills not ONE damn time. What happen to her anemia? In fact, it doesn't EVER mention it again in ANY of the books? Mistake? Must be. A damn big one at that. 

However, I do love the new character she introduced and the fact that she gave us an opportunity to get to know Rixon. 

Characters: I love this cast of characters.

Nora - It would be cringing to be Nora in this book. How would you like to see the love of your life caterwauling around with a slut? I definitely wouldn't. All things considered, she doesn't handle it well. In fact, it drives her about crazy. We can honestly say Nora fell too hard too fast for a fallen angel. What kills me most is that I just want Patch to let her know exactly what is going on, and she would understand. It takes FAR too long for him to do this though. Far too long.

Patch - At times, this arrogant prick angered me, and other times, I fell in love with him even more. My feelings, just like Nora's, were on a roller coaster. Up and down, up and down. He does however, redeem himself to me at the end. 

Vee - This lovely lady has sorry taste in men. That ALL I'm going to say.

Rixon - I loved his character. I was very pleased that Becca Fitpatrick finally gave us the opportunity to get to know Rixon on a deeper level. Still not too terribly deep, but more than before. Most of the time, he just makes out with Vee though luckily we don't have to read about that.

Scott - Don't even get me started on how much I love this guy. He is far from perfect, and honestly, he's nothing but trouble in this book. But it's mostly because he's misunderstood, and he doesn't know what's going on with his own life. I love love love him though. If I can never have Patch, I'll take Scott any day.

Marcie - Still a malicious witch. Still want to hit her. But this time, with a iron safe.  

Series: This is the second book in the saga.

The first book is Hush, Hush published on October 13, 2009.

The third book is Crescendo published on October 4, 2011.
Link for my review: http://vivaciousfiction.blogspot.com/2013/07/silence-by-becca-fitzpatrick-book-review.html

The final book is Finale published on October 23, 2012.
Rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars

Next Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Happy Reading!

VF, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment