Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Because I need to explain....

THIS WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY

UNDER CONSTRUCTION


So, first and foremost all of you deserve to know why I haven't been reviewing/making videos for the past few months. Not to be cliche, but Fall 2013 was the hardest semester of my entire life. I wish I was exaggerating. College is hard enough, but God almighty, it was awful. To put worse on top of worse, I have a seriously stressful job at which I put in around 30 hours a week. I had no time for anything.

And then my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have surgery. It seemed once the grief of that was beginning to pass and she was doing better, they thought my 5 year-old niece had cancer. Turns out luckily, they were wrong, but she also needed surgery. Two days later, I was in a car accident that resulted in me going over a 60ft embankment into a creek. I came out with a concussion and the middle tendon on my right hand cut in half. A few days later was Thanksgiving, Finals, Christmas, and New Years. Oh, and more work. I was running myself into the ground. I literally couldn't review books, because I hadn't actually read an entire book the whole semester. I would start one, put it down, start another, put it down. I couldn't focus.

Luckily, everything is going smoother so I'm simply praying this time I can be consistent and have time to do what I love: read and review books.

I'm taking 3/4 English classes this semester, so even if I'm not reviewing YA, I'll be reviewing SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

I also had surgery on my hand, and I went to my last physical therapy appointment yesterday. My hand is exactly what it used to be, but it's getting better everyday. I was extremely blessed.

I'm going to be working on this blog a lot over the next week: making changes, fixing tabs, creating lists, etc. I'll inform you as they come.

But until then, happy reading!

I've missed you, guys.

xoxo, VF



No comments:

Post a Comment